1. Always post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the person who tagged you has written and write 11 new ones.
3. Tag 11 new people and link them to your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
1. What is your favorite book?
I think anyone who knows me — knows how obsessed I am with the Harry Potter series. My 2nd grade teacher read a chapter to us every day and by the 4th or 5th chapter, I just couldn’t wait like the other kids (even as a child I was impatient). I just asked my father to buy me the books. I finished The Sorcerer’s Stone that very night, The Chamber of Secrets the following day, and finally The Prisoner of Azkaban after that. Being an adopted child, I found myself relating to Harry in terms of his sense of displacement. I also grew up with parents keen on limiting my television intake, so I turned to reading as an escape. I guess that makes it ‘books’ rather, but to me it’s like asking a mother to pick a favorite child.
2. What’s one thing about you that no one could tell by looking at you or your Tumblr.
I used to enjoy parties, bar hopping, clubbing, and socializing with multiple circles of friends, but now I prefer a quieter life. My boyfriend and I have become pretty domesticated, so I tend to pick my warm bed and a new torrented movie over a night with friends at a bar. Unless it’s girls’ night. Girls’ night is sacred.
3. You are given $1,000,000 to spend in one day. How would you spend it.
I wish I could rattle off an organized list of responsible purchases/investments, but honestly I would have no idea where to begin if that ever happened. The one day limitation is giving me a mental anxiety attack.
4. What’s your favorite food?
KBBQ or deliciously made crab legs.
5. Which character in a television or movie are you most like in terms of personality and behavior?
Probably Fat Amy.
6. You could fix one thing about yourself (external, internal), what would it be?
External: Tone up my body. Internal: I would fix my drive. Not behind the wheels, but my drive to do things — whether it be writing or cleaning the house before my bf gets home from work. My gourd of inspiration/motivation is running a bit dry and it’s ironic being as January is the month where most people are gung-ho about their resolutions.
7. What’s something that you collected in your past?
Ex boyfriends. No, I’m fuckin’ with you, that’s horrible. I used to collect people’s business cards to build my branches of networking. You’ll never know when you’ll need an accountant or a funny ass taxi driver that knows you by your name.
8. You are given a superpower of your choice. What would it be and why?
Normally I would have put something like flying, but I really do want the power of being able to harness 100% of my brain’s capability. I guess you could call it the “Limitless” bug. It’s a self-reliant power and could you imagine the possibilities of being able to retain every single bit of information? I would be able to prosper in my dream career field, build a sizable income, assist my close friends and family, live happily ever after …
9. If there was something you wish you could buy less of, what would it be?
Clothes. I wish they’d just appear in my closet.
10. What’s your go to show when you’re in a bad mood?
Whatever show I’m trying to catch up on. At the moment? HIMYM.
11. Yo TJ, you didn’t write an 11th question.
But it’s cool.